How do I file for a small claim or eviction?

To file a small claim, the party you are filing against must live, work, or have a place of business in the Town of Binghamton. He or she must receive mail in the Town of Binghamton. You must have the exact mailing address (no PO Box is acceptable).

The allowable maximum amount for a claim is $3,000.  For a claim up to $1,000, the filing fee is $10.  For a claim over $1,000, the filing fee is $15.

For more information, you can pick up a small claims booklet from the Court. Here is the Small Claims form.

Additional Resources:

Local valuable resources:

ACCORD-A Center for Dispute Resolution, Inc.-

Legal Aid-

Tenants and Landlords

-A A +A