The Planning Board Meeting for April is changing due to the Easter Holiday. April’s meeting that would normally be on April 23rd (4th Tuesday) is moving to April 30th (5th Tuesday)
Boards & Committees
All Boards are located at:
279 Park Avenue
Binghamton, NY 13903
The Planning Board is comprised of five residents from the Town of Binghamton. The Planning Board is responsible for subdivision approvals, conducting site plan reviews, and other development within the Town. The Planning Board functions under Town Law, Code of the Town of Binghamton, and the Comprehensive Development Plan, Town of Binghamton.
Meetings: Meetings are held on the 4th Tuesday in January, April, July, and October and on call of the Chairman with published notice. Meetings are held at the Town Hall at 7 p.m.
- William McGowan – Chairman – 772-0357 x 50
- Debbi Magee – Secretary
- Kathy Kiekel – Member
- Ray Mastin – Member
- Christopher Streno – Member
- David West – Member
Meetings: Meetings are held on the third Thursday of each month at 6:30 p.m. at Town Hall
- Christopher Streno – Director of Youth Activities
- Steven Hughes – Youth Commission Member
- Amy Ricci – Youth Commission Member
- Dave Birtch – Youth Commission Member
- Matt Lisi – Youth Commission Member
- Nicole Kariam – Youth Commission Member
Zoning Board Of Appeals
The Zoning Board of Appeals (ZBA) is a five member, quasi-judicial board whose members are appointed by the Town Board. All ZBA members are Town of Binghamton residents.
Overview: The ZBA can grant relief from specific requirements in the zoning ordinance when there is a “unique circumstance” relative to the property involved.
There are several legal criteria that the ZBA must consider under New York State Law, and it is the responsibility of the applicant to address and offer proof that each of those criteria has been met for the ZBA to be able to grant a variance. The ZBA also has the ability to place specific conditions on a granted variance.
To appear before the ZBA, an applicant must first have attempted to obtain a building permit and had the application denied based upon non-compliance with part or all of the Town Zoning Ordinance. Then, an application may be made to appear before the ZBA, with said application being made and processed through the Town Building Inspector.
Some applicants choose to be represented by an attorney, while others do not. Though legal representation is not a requirement to appear before the ZBA, applicants should be aware, as stated above, that it is their responsibility to address all of the legal criteria necessary under New York State Law at their hearing to obtain a zoning variance for their property
Meetings: Meets upon the call of the Chairman with published notice. Meetings are held at the Town Hall at 7 p.m.
- Carl Letson, Jr. – Chairman
- Darla Klinko – Secretary & Processor
- Mark Bordeau – Member
- Tim Cooper – Member
- Sara Reifler – Member
- Gerardo Tagliaferri – Member
Town Board Members
The Town of Binghamton Town Board consists of five Town residents (one Supervisor and four Board members) who are each elected to serve a four-year term. These dedicated officials serve the Town by dealing with an array of issues ranging from day-to-day operations to capital improvement projects. Serving as a Board member can be challenging and time consuming, yet it can also be very rewarding as the Board works together as a team to keep the Town of Binghamton “A Great Place to Live.”
Work Sessions: First Tuesday of each month at 5:30 p.m. at Town Hall
Meetings: Third Tuesday of each month at 7 p.m. at Town Hall
Exceptions: July and August meetings are held on the third Tuesday at 7 p.m. at Town Hall
- Elizabeth Rounds – Town Supervisor – 772-0357 ext. 11
- Mike Bensley – Town Board Member – 772-0357 ext. 56
- Norman Cline – Town Board Member – 772-0357 ext. 54
- Mark Leighton – Town Board Member – 772-0357 ext. 55
- Victoria Xlander – Town Board Member – 772-0357 ext. 57
Local Elected Officials
- Vickie Conklin – Town Clerk – 772-0357 ext. 26
- Mike Donahue – Town Highway Supt. – 772-0357 ext. 53
- Kristen Luce – Town Justice – 772-0357 ext. 20