The Town of Binghamton Highway Dept. will be picking up branches on Mondays & Tuesdays only beginning on Monday, May 6 and ending on Wednesday, May 29 (because of the Memorial Day holiday). No pickups or calls after May 29.
This pickup is for TREE BRANCHES ONLY. No cuttings from any kind of bushes. Please call the Highway Dept. at 669-4323 to have your name placed on our list. Due to the overwhelming response to this service, you will not be given a specific time or day when your brush will be picked up.
In addition, there are certain guidelines to be followed:
1. Tree branches must be from your yard only.
2. Put branches neatly along the curb/roadside in front of your home.
3. Place the large end of the branch towards the road, and leave the branches as long as possible.
4. No brush from clearing your lot.
5. No brush from contractors or landscapers. (This means if you hire someone to maintain your lawn, they need to dispose of the debris; we will not take it.)
6. Large piles must be approved.
The following items will NOT be accepted and will be left behind: tree trunks; roots of any sort; clippings from lawns, flower beds, or vegetable gardens; thorny brush and small twigs; leaves, and animal waste.